O-Map in Singapore
Orienteering maps are drawn specifically to give runners an accurate representation of the terrain that they are moving on. Various colours are selected so as to allow each runner to read them at ease while moving at high speeds. These colours are also internationally agreed upon by all member federations of the IOF, hence an orienteer travelling to a new country is able to pick up the sport with ease.
A copy of the IOF map specification can be found here: https://orienteering.sport/iof/mapping/
For Singapore, our focus are on a sprint maps that cater to a discipline of fast paced running. These maps are further subdivided into parks and urban built up areas.
All park maps are suitable for high speed running. However, do watch out for other park visitors and observe laws governing shared pathways with vehicles (bikes, e-bikes, etc.)
- Fort Canning Park (Requires update)
- Bishan Park 1
- MacRitchie Reservoir Park
- Ang Mo Kio Town Park West (Partially closed)
- Ang Mo Kio Town Park East
- Yishun North Town Park
- Tiong Bahru Park
- Sengkang Riverside Park (Partially closed)
- Sembawang Park
- Yishun Park (Requires update)
- Khatib Zone 9 Park
- Woodlands Town Park
- Punggol Park
- Pasir Ris Park
- Pasir Ris Town Park
- Bedok Reservoir (partial)
- Sunplaza Park (Tampines)
- Chinese / Japanese Gardens (Now Closed)
- Jurong Lake Gardens (WRE Venue)
- West Coast Park
- Zhenghua Park
- Clementi Woods Park
Urban Areas / Campus
The housing estates are a complex yet delicate balance of small manicured parks and towering high rise buildings. Try your hand in navigating the many hidden nodes and cracks of this modern landscape.
All high rise buildings are drawn as a passable canopy, only key features on the ground floor are highlighted (such as staircases and lift landings).
Do note that all housing estates usually involve carpark crossings – be mindful of vehicle movements.
- Redhill Close
- Tiong Bahru Park (Estate)
- Ang Mo Kio Town Park (East) / Cheng San Estate
- Republic Polytechnic
- Woodlands Town Park / Marsiling Estate
- Yishun Neighbourhood Park / Yishun St 22
- Yishun / Gembas Estate (WRE Venue)
- Punggol Park / Hougang Ave 10 Estate
- Hougang Ave 5 Estate
- Serangoon Central (in progress)
- Bishan Community Center Estate
- Circuit Road Estate
- Tampines Hub / Kampung Senang
- Sunplaza Park / Estate (in progress)
- Singapore Polytechnic
- National Institute of Education
- Clementi Central Estate
Usage of maps
All maps are commission with the aim of training / promotion of the sport in Singapore. They are a copyright to the Orienteering Federation of Singapore. Any individual who wishes to reproduce the works in any form should communicate in writing with the Federation.
Editable maps are available for usage to companies / organisations.
Runners may also request for copies of past course routes on the map.
Updated January 2020.