- O-training : Monthly training events with easy-to-hard map difficulties and specific component training. Multiple maps / routes will be available. Kids and youths are welcome!
- Singapore Ranking League : A total of 3 ranking leagues (comprising of 3 ranking races in each series) will be organised yearly. Each ranking race series will be held on a consecutive Friday evening, Saturday & Sunday – 1 ranking race each day. Orienteers will be competing within their own age / gender class. A copy of the rules will be published prior to the start of the first ranking event.
- Singapore Orienteering Standards Level : An official certification course for beginners who would like to learn the skills needed for the sport.
Types of Orienteering Concept
- Sprint / Sequence Orienteering (Foot-O): Orienteers will follow the prescribed map CP sequence and its checkpoint order. Accurate visiting of control points and fastest time wins!
- Score Orienteering: Runner will be given a fixed set of time to get as many control points on their map. Each CP is worth a different numbered value of points and orienteers have to make their own route choices and complete the run before time runs out. Highest score wins.
- Relay Orienteering: In a team of 2 to 4, each orienteer will compete against another team in this fast paced sequence-orienteering event. Runner 1 will start in a mass start with other runners in their category, complete his/her map CP route, return to exchange point and tap Runner 2 in order to start. Fastest team to be back and no mistakes by each team member wins!
Example of a Sprint Orienteering event where Orienteers have to visit all the control points accurately in the prescribed sequence. The fastest time wins.
Example of a Score Orienteering race where orienteers race to get as many checkpoints as possible within the allocated time limit. Each CP is worth a different score and the orienteer with the highest point wins.